Pages

Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Living in the Past


Author's Note: This was an assignment given to me in the reading lab to reflect on a quote of our choice. I analysed it and showed what it mean to me.


 I chose this quote, not because of who said it, but for how it connects to me. I can relate to it, because I have heard variations of it many times. Like, “You’re living in the past!” or “Eyes on the prize!” , but whenever I hear that one I think of the race horses with the cups on the side of their eyes so they won’t get distracted, and that doesn’t carry the exact message that the quote I chose does. Also, the word “stare” stood out at me. If you STARE into the past… It doesn’t say anything about just checking your should so to speak to learn a little from history. Another word that has meaning to me is “back”. You have your BACK to the future. It means that if you have all of your attention focused on the past there is nothing left to make any progress in the future. So instead of focusing on silly things the have happened in the past we need to have all our focus be on how to make the future better.

No comments:

Post a Comment