Pages

Total Pageviews

Friday, April 26, 2013

A Clean, Well-Lighted Place Video Review


I am first going to start out with the fact that I liked the film adapation of "A Clean Well-Lighted Place". Although there were some things that I could nit-pick on all day, there was a main detail that was totally wrong and distorted from the written piece. The shadow of the bush, or rather the fact that there was no shadow, bothered me. One of the main piece of symbolism was the shadow of the bush and how the old man was in the shadows in life.
What I did like about the film production was all the little touches to set the scene and mood.
I liked the sad music that was playing as the old man was leaving and the posture of the waiters, which held true to their characters. Both of these small details made the film seem medicore instead of pretty bad due to all the missing and principal details fo the short story.

No comments:

Post a Comment